Cornwall Marine Network is offering your business the opportunity to employ young people for 6 months at no overall cost.
You will receive £1,500 for each young person aged 16 to 24 years currently on Universal Credit you employ. In addition, as the employer, you pay the wage then get reimbursed by the government. You must employ the young person for a minimum of 25 hours per week for 6 months.
There is no limit to the number of young people you can employ. Placements start from November 2020.
CMN is applying for the places on behalf of our members so please let us know as quickly as possible if this scheme could be of interest to you and how many young people you wish to consider employing.
How does the Kickstart Scheme work?
- You register your interest with us, and we apply on your behalf. We will ask you to provide a job description for the work placement, and we can help you draft it.
- To receive financial support, the work placement needs to last a minimum of 6 months, for a minimum of 25 hours a week.
- Job Centres will refer young people to us, and we will match them to suitable vacancies.
- In the first week of the placement, you will receive £1,500 to cover set-up costs.
- Once the young person is placed with you, your business will add them to the payroll and notify HMRC. You will then be refunded the minimum wage and NI contributions for your Kickstarter for 25 hours a week over 6 months.
- Employers are asked to contribute to the long-term employability of young people on the Kickstart scheme. CMN currently runs a number of flexible training programmes and can help develop the employability and sector-based skills of your workforce.
Get in touch today to find out more via a phone call 01326 211382 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org