CMN exists to help businesses to grow. We offer a wide range of training support which is practical and effective, customer-centred and supported by grants towards your costs for eligible businesses.
It may be a change in direction, increasing you and your teams skill set, learning something new, or increasing your growth and productivity, we work with you to bridge that gap on your journey and set the solid foundation for the future for you, your business and your staff.
Our unique range of training and skills solutions support businesses, people and communities
Read more below about how CMN can support you, or best of all…..Contact us on 01326-211382 and start your journey today by talking to one of our Skills Advisors
- Access to a dedicated Business Skills Advisor who will help you identify your, and your team members, current and emerging skills needs, then source solutions and funding advice for you.
- Support you to produce annual training plans for your company and then signpost you to ensure your skills needs are met, including identifying funding.
- Focus on developing the skills of SME owner-managers to improve productivity and enable business growth and sustainability.
- Work with you to develop new training content and then pilot the new training for your workforce skills needs, particularly in specialist areas where existing training provision does not meet employer needs and/or is not available locally.
- Support your business to learn and implement Lean Management techniques as a driver of improved productivity and profitability.
- Support your recruitment by offering you Young people on work placements, work experience, recruit using the government KickStart programme and help you to recruit Apprentices.
- Subsidise the costs of training for eligible companies. We will also arrange the training for you by buying in the expertise you need, once approved.
- Offer a large menu of available training, including a huge range of short business skills courses.
- Assist you to access a huge range of business skills short courses to improve your development. Our funding covers anyone employed in the local Marine, Engineering, Manufacturing, Retail, Hospitality and Agri-Food sectors.
- Support you to complete a training needs assessment of you. We can then find you options and solutions to the training you need, including funding contributions.
- Help find you the training you need to improve your career development and improve your productivity.
- Support Marine Sector workers on low incomes and in seasonal jobs to increase your earnings and career prospects.
- We will talk to you to understand the barriers you might face to engaging with training and find training solutions that allow you to participate (e.g., on-line, at your premises, in the early evening, etc).
- We have support to help you gain improved standards of Maths, English and computer IT skills, which will improve your career progression.
- We are happy to work closely with you to design and deliver any new training you might need that isn’t currently available to you or your business.
- We are an approved AAT Accountancy test centre if you want to improve your accountancy skills.
- We can offer you a choice from a huge range of short business skills courses, and help support the costs of you attending.
Speak to our team today on 01326211382 or contact us to let us know how CMN can support you.
- Discuss your training requirements and identify funding options available.
- Deliver qualifications and training in a wide range of business skills topics
- Provide funding towards training costs for eligible businesses.
- Flexibly deliver qualification courses 1 to 1 at your premises or we can support your Apprentice remotely using e-portfolio’s to remove the need for your Apprentice to have to travel to a training centre.
- Provide your Apprentice with vocational, academic and ongoing pastoral support using our pool of experienced tutors.
- Utilise occupationally skilled and qualified assessors, using their industry expertise to improve Apprentices’ knowledge, understanding and skills.
- Provide support for employers to access incentives, Government Grants and training subsidies towards the costs of your Apprenticeship training.
- Our Apprenticeship support offer is Matrix accredited, we hold a National Apprenticeship contract from the Employment and Skills Funding Agency (ESF) and approved on the national Register of Accredited Apprenticeship Training Providers (RoAPT)
- We can deliver Apprenticeships in a wide range of subjects and at different levels, including: Operations / Departmental Manager; Team Leader / Supervisor; Business Administrator ; Customer Service Practitioner; Customer Service Specialist; Supply Chain Warehouse Operative; Engineering Operative; Engineering Fitter; Teaching Assistant; Engineering Technician; Event Assistant ; Marine and Boat Yard Operative; Marketing Assistant; Workboat Crew Member; Community Activator Coach; Outdoor Activity Instructor. Other Apprenticeships are also available; so please enquire.
- Provide you with quality assurred standards of Apprenticeship training approved by Ofsted to ensure that we achieve excellence in educating and up-skilling your Apprentices.
- We can offer you a lower cost and lower risk option for recruiting Apprentices, and perform the initial recruitment for you before we present you with a short-list.
Cornwall Marine Network delivers bespoke and tailored apprenticeships for employers to meet individual requirements.
- Offer specialist support for Marine Technology businesses to implement Research & Development, and gain access to specialist Academic expertise.
- Provide you with specialist marketing support to improve the promotion of your business and help you to grow. This includes professional advice and mentoring on strategic marketing, web content and branding.
- We can lobby for you at local, regional and national level by providing a collective voice for marine businesses based in Cornwall. CMN co-owns maritime UK South West and is a member of Maritime UK. CMN CEO Charis the maritime UK Regional Cluster Council and uses this opportunity to promote Cornwall.
- Help you identify funding available for your business and advise you if you are eligible to apply.
- We provide you a subsidised Bid-writing consultancy service to help your business win project funds. We can help you fully develop projects, undertake your bid writing, and provide light-touch management of your application process.
- We can help you to comply with Public Sector Procurement processes to ensure you conform.
- Provide you with ongoing support to project management to meet with funders’ requirements.
- Allocate a dedicated Business Advisor to you to keep you updated with business support and funding opportunities available to your business.
- Keep you updated on the latest green and carbon neutral developments in the marine sector.
- If your company is engaged in marine renewables activity then please join our MOR (Marine Offshore Renewables) Group – dedicated to being a single access point for all Marine Renewable supply chain needs in Cornwall.
Read more about membership by Clicking Here or Contact us today to talk about how Cornwall Marine Network can support your marine business
We offer a wide range of training support which is practical and effective, customer-centered and supported by grants towards your costs for eligible businesses.
Despite the current challenges, CMN has won a significant new Training Project Fund worth £3.5 million. The project is called ‘Employer Led Skills’ and for the first time we are able to support ANY training for your business (subject to eligibility). This has never been available in Cornwall before.
The fund offers grants towards the cost of your training, provided it is arranged via CMN. The training support will be more specialist than the current free remote training workshops and we will operate on a first come, first served basis.
please use this link to request contact from our Skills Broker team.
Skills and Training solutions from CMN
Contact the team and start you journey today