During the Covid pandemic, businesses had to immediately reinvent the way they served their customers, often requiring new skills and tasks from their employees. Processes were streamlined, businesses learned to do more with less. Meetings went online. Workers learned new tech skills.
Companies that were able to seamlessly make the switch to working remotely almost overnight learned a lot about what skills and tools their employees really need to be productive. Now, as businesses reopen employers have a much bigger pool of talent from which to select their employees. They will be selective and want workers who can be more productive, able to handle the time-saving tech tools at their disposal.
For that reason, there has never been a more important time to prepare people and our communities for the new face of the future of work. To help the newly unemployed get back to work, we need to arm them with the skills they need to be competitive in the quickly evolving workplace.
We work with business communities and local sector communities to support growth and ensure our support tackles ongoing challenges faced by rural and coastal communities, and the new ways of working and new skills needed for the future.
Read more below about how CMN can support you, or best of all…..Contact us on 01326-211382 and start your journey today by talking to one of our Skills Advisors
Our unique range of training and skills solutions support businesses, people and communities
- Be a collective “Voice for Business” Leveraging the strength from the membership to transform individual voices into collective industry influence at local and national level through Maritime UK
- Assist opportunities to tender and share updates through the Member portal
- Facilitate contact through Member to Member Messaging (also through the CMN Helpdesk)
- Help you to share your events and discover events from other Members.
- Give Member discounts on our facilities. Conference room hire for large groups set up to your requirements.
- Give Member discount for hot desks available to Members at our fully equipped offices in Falmouth *COMING SOON*
- increase the local community prospects of people getting into employment/Apprenticeships.
- Carry out activities in the community to promote careers and prospects in the Marine industry
- Work with a range of employment status’ (employed, self-employed, redundant, on furlough, unemployed, economically inactive
- Also work with young people (under 25 years) to discuss careers in the Marine and other sectors
- Update you on Apprenticeship vacancies and help you get ready for an Apprenticeship
- Provide you with employability skills to help you gain employment
- Put on a range of short courses on mental health/well being, Internet Safety, Social Media Wellness, Digital Skills (eligibility rules apply)
- Support local unemployed people to receive advice from local employers to improve their job prospects
- Develop community engagement projects based around marine themes
- Build the resilience of local marine communities through social connections to reduce isolation
- Encourage a sense of maritime identity and pride for our marine heritage and environment through local events and activities
Read more about membership by Clicking Here or Contact us today to talk about how Cornwall Marine Network can support your marine business
- Marine, young people, apprenticeships
Skills and Training solutions from CMN
Contact the team and start your journey today