Health and Safety within the workplace Level 2
June 30 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
This qualification has been designed for individuals who are required to have a basic knowledge of health and safety practices that are essential in the workplace. It is also ideal for those entering the workplace for the first time or looking to progress in an organisation.
Aims and objectives
- Understand roles and duties for health, safety and welfare in the workplace
- Understand the process of risk assessment
- Understand how risk assessments improve health and safety at work
- Know the procedures for responding to accidents, near misses and ill-health in the workplace
- Prepare learners to progress into further/higher level training
- Support a role in the workplace
The qualification provides learners with an understanding of the responsibilities of employers and employees, the benefits of good health and safety, steps to a risk assessment and how they can reduce accidents, near misses and ill-health, typical hazards and controls in a workplace, common causes of accidents, near misses and ill-health, emergency procedures and the importance of recording accidents.
30th June 2022. 9.30 am – 4.30 pm