- This event has passed.
Education and Training (Online course)
June 15 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 9:30 am on Wednesday, repeating until July 1, 2022
You will take part in micro teaching over the duration of the course and there is a requirement to complete assignment work via directed self-study to strict deadlines.
The Pearson BTEC Level 3 Award in Education and Training is an introductory teaching qualification. Achieving this Award will provide sufficient evidence that the learner has acquired the necessary skills and knowledge to prepare, plan, deliver and evaluate basic teaching and learning sessions, in a variety of teaching or training contexts. This introductory, knowledge-based teaching qualification has no minimum teaching practice requirement. Therefore, it may be undertaken by individuals who are not in a teaching role. However, there is a minimum requirement to take part in micro–teaching.
It can meet the needs of a range of trainee teachers, including:
- Individuals not currently teaching or training
- Individuals currently teaching and training, including those who have just begun or are about to begin
- Individuals currently working as assessors who wish to achieve a qualification providing an introduction to teaching.
It gives learners the opportunity to:
- Develop knowledge related to teaching and learning
- Develop skills in teaching and learning
- Achieve a nationally-recognised Level 3 qualification
- Develop their own personal growth and engagement in teaching and learning.
This qualification is assessed using our e-portfolio system. 3 units will be completed as well as a micro-teach of 15 minutes. The units are:
- Understanding Roles, Responsibilities and Relationships in Education and Training
- Understanding and Using Inclusive Teaching and Learning Approaches in Education and Training
- Understanding Assessment in Education and Training
Following this training learners can progress onto the Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training.
4nd, 11th, 18th, 25rd May and 1st June 2022 | 09.30 – 16.30
DELIVERY METHOD – Online Via Zoom