Paul Wickes, CEO of Cornwall Marine Network, announced further CMN expansion this week with the creation of a strategic alliance with the South Coast Marine Cluster to create Maritime UK South West. This new identity means we will align as the South West regional arm of Maritime UK to ensure the needs of a stronger representation of local businesses are heard at national level.
As part of this new alliance, Paul has been appointed to the National Council of Maritime UK. The first National Council board meeting of the year was last week in the presence of MUK’s national Patron, HRH the Princess Royal, and Paul updated the Council on the work being led by Cornwall Marine Network to drive business growth in Cornwall and the wider South West as part of the ambition for the Great South West to become a true coastal powerhouse.
The new alliance will:
- Give a voice for our network of members and the marine sector at a regional and national level
- Gives our members automatic access to the benefits of Maritime UK
- Increase and improve supply chains, collaboration and contacts with the Great South West region
- Bid and tender for government monies to support businesses in the region to grow further
- Ensure the needs of small, rural and coastal businesses are considered in the governments Maritime 2050 strategy, which Maritime UK has responsibility for developing
“Cornwall’s marine businesses have an integral role to play in the future of UK maritime. I am confident the Cornish marine sector will continue to thrive as we maximise the influence and opportunities this new regional and national connection will bring. Reaching outside of Cornwall and influencing future strategy will ensure we strengthen our support for members in Cornwall,
- Guest asked 4 years ago
- You must login to post comments