CMN CEO Paul Wickes attended a meeting yesterday with the Cornwall Economic Recovery Group and was able to share the following update:
- Cornwall’s Covid level has dropped significantly and is around 100 cases per 100,000 of local population
- 120,000 Cornwall residents from a population of around 550,000 have received their first vaccination
- Cornwall Council is consulting with businesses whose workers are required to attend work premises about the introduction of workplace testing kits
- Round 2 Additional Restrictions Grants (ARG) applications were initially greatly over-subscribed. Cornwall Council has written to the Chancellor requesting more funding. CMN were one of a number of business signatories to the letter
- CMN lobbied Cornwall Council to also half the grant awards so ALL eligible businesses who applied can be supported. Cornwall Council has agreed to do this.
- The time-frame needed for Cornwall Council to process all ARG applicants will take up to 6 to 8 weeks. Cornwall Council is adding resource to the grant processing team to reduce this time window, but it is important members know there could be a delay of a few weeks to get an answer
- CMN will shortly be issuing a member survey to understand the current challenges your business face, including the double-whammy impacts from Covid and Brexit, to help inform our further lobbying at local and national level for more support for you.
We will keep you up to date with any further information but if you need suppport or have any questions, please just give us a call.
- Sam Winters asked 2 years ago
- You must login to post comments