There are now less than two weeks to go until the Innovate UK Marine and Maritime in the Great South West Launchpad closes to applications on Wednesday 6 December (11am).
The Marine and Maritime Launchpad is managed in conjunction with the Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Local Enterprise Partnership, Heart of the South West LEP and Dorset LEP, along with a range of strategic regional partners including the Ocean Futures UK partnership, an international thematic cluster that represents the marine hotbed of innovation for the Plymouth and South Devon Freeport.
Next Tuesday (28 November, 4-5.30pm) the Freeport team, on behalf of Ocean Futures UK, will be facilitating an online final stage support session for any businesses that are making an application to the Launchpad.
The Launchpad will focus on projects that contribute to the UK net zero targets and the Ocean Futures strategic investment themes and sub-sector specialisms of:
- Marine autonomy – new technologies for monitoring marine operations, inspecting equipment and enhancing safety at sea.
- Clean maritime – the transition to powering vessels with low- or zero-emission sources; integrating ports into a decarbonised energy network; and supplying the fuels of the future.
- Digital ocean technologies – advancing sensor and communications technology and their connectedness and interoperability, to enhance understanding of the ocean and inform offshore operations.
There are three strands of the competition open to applications:
- Minimal Financial Assistance – £25 to 100k
- Collaborative Research and Development – £150k to 1M
- Cluster Management
If you are progressing an application to the Launchpad and feel joining Tuesday’s session around final stage support would be beneficial please sign up via https://pasdfreeport.com/marine-and-maritime-launchpad/
The Plymouth and South Devon Freeport, and Ocean Futures UK, continues to nurture the relationships, partnerships, collaborations and outcomes that have been achieved through the MBTC over the last five years and build on the strong foundations that have been formed.
The Freeport is already supporting and amplifying the exciting and innovative technology either being developed, or already deployed, to reach more international partners and provide global impact, and we look forward to working with more MBTC alumni businesses, and new and expanding marine and maritime businesses to support investment and growth opportunities.
- You must login to post comments