An unique opportunity for Cornish marine tech businesses to visit four of the leading innovators in the South West region and learn from their operations.
This could be one of the most valuable two-day trips you will ever take! The four businesses that we
will visit are:
- Thales, Plymouth. A global technology leader that is investing in digital and “deep tech”
innovations – Big Data, artificial intelligence, connectivity, cybersecurity and quantum
- National Composites Centre, Bristol. With advanced technology and the best composites
engineering capabilities in the world, they help their customers solve the most complex
engineering challenges of our time.
- SC Innovation (Supercat), Dunkeswell. The place to come to for good ideas that can be
turned into the very best products. They specialise in developing and delivering solutions for
operations in harsh environments.
- University of Plymouth. One of the largest marine and maritime portfolios of any institution
in Europe, they have a long-held and outstanding international reputation for conducting
world-leading, transdisciplinary research. Also an opportunity to hear from SW business
Babcock on their internal innovation processes and case studies.
Each visit will take around 3 hours. The host business will provide a detailed tour of the facilities, as
well as an opportunity to hear informative presentations and take part in open discussions.
The project is taking a group of 10 local businesses on an inspiring two-day tour that will visit four of
the leading innovators in our region. This will provide valuable insights and the opportunity to discover
new techniques that will aid the development of your own business. On this fully-funded trip you will:
- See how large-scale manufacturing works
- Learn how leading companies implement and manage innovation
- Discover how to deal with obstacles and pitfalls
- Get a fresh perspective on your business
- Find new opportunities for collaboration and networking
This sponsored trip will include:
- Luxury coach travel, departing from Penryn Campus, Cornwall
- Packed lunch provided on both days
- Hotel accommodation in Bristol for the night of 18th May
- Networking Dinner on the evening of 18th May
- Breakfast on the morning of 19th May
Part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund, Marine-i is designed to help marine tech
businesses in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly grow through harnessing the full potential of research
and innovation. Our goal is to help you bring your own innovation to market faster and with a greater
chance of commercial success.
Places are limited, so get in touch as soon as possible!
Contact Chris Freer, Email: email@example.com Tel : 07983 881732
- You must login to post comments