The Growth & Skills Hub has launched a £1,245,000 grant scheme targeting businesses who want to increase productivity and create employment through green and inclusive growth. The grants are funded by the UK Shared Prosperity Fund as part of the Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Good Growth Programme. The aim is to realise the potential of businesses in the region and to make the economy more resilient, more equal and more prosperous.
Since the EU funding programmes are coming to an end, there are very few other opportunities out there for businesses to access grants for these business areas, so we urge CMN Members to consider this now as future opportunities may be limited.
Please note the following key points:
- Business can apply for a 50% grant towards projects
- Project costs must total a minimum of £3k. The expected average grant is expected to be around £25k
- There is a very detail application process and form that will need to be completed and assessed (see details below)
- There is a short deadline for submission – 24th February 2023. There will be future rounds, but this will depend on funding availability.
- There is also a spend deadline – 30th June 2023
- You must be able to provide your ability to pay the other 50% and cashflow this.
The scheme is broken down into a number of key areas:
|Intervention||Total grant pot||Average Grant||Min No. of grants|
|Supporting made smarter adoption||£50,000||£25,000||2|
|Research and commercialisation of ideas||£285,000||£32,000||9|
|Developing innovative products and services||£95,000||£32,000||3|
|Strengthen local entrepreneurial ecosystems||£125,000||£33,000||6|
|Training hubs, business support offers, incubators||£100,000||£33,000||3|
|Growing the local social economy||£150,000||£30,000||5|
|Export grants to grow overseas trading etc.||£50,000||£5,000||10|
|Business support measures to drive employment growth||£125,000||£21,000||6|
|Support relevant feasibility studies||£75,000||£37,500||2|
Click here for more information and to download an application form: https://www.ciosgrowthhub.com/goodgrowth
- Sam Winters asked 2 months ago
- You must login to post comments