Cornwall Marine Network has been recognised as an organisation that has proven themselves as a key driver for growth within a coastal community and whose Company’s values, passion and vision are helping transform the local marine community into a Coastal Powerhouse.
Maritime UK is the collective voice for the UK’s maritime industries, that champions and works to enable a thriving maritime sector.
Cornwall Marine Network has been recognised for supporting its member businesses to grow over the last 20 years, demonstrating it is a true Coastal Powerhouse by announcing the impact of its collaboration with members has resulted in 4,600 new jobs in Cornwall which has created more than £500 Million of additional value to Cornwall’s economy.
Paul Wickes CMN CEO
‘Cornwall Marine Network is thrilled to have been nominated for this prestigious award. Since our inception by local marine businesses over 20 years ago, the network has worked alongside our member businesses to give identity and a voice to the marine sector in Cornwall and the South West, and MUK’s recognition of this work is something our member business, our CMN team and Cornwall should all be very proud of.’
Peter Childs – Chairman CMN
‘I am delighted the team at Cornwall Marine Network has been selected as one of the finalists for this prestigious award. I, along with most marine businesses in Cornwall have benefited from the support, guidance, expertise and voice the network team give to our world class marine sector and coastal communities throughout Cornwall and the South West. So it is wonderful to see the achievements of Cornwall Marine Network recognised on the national stage as finalists for Maritime UK’s Coastal Powerhouse award. Well done CMN.’
CMN’s achievements are without parallel for maritime business support organisations in the UK.
Together, CMN and its members have :
- Created 3,600 New Jobs
- Including 1,550 new Apprenticeships in SMEs, 92% of whom had never employed apprentices
- Created a sense of community around marine and supported 810 unemployed people into jobs
- Upskilled 8,750 marine employees, 55% of the local marine workforce
- Created 105 Volunteer Marine Ambassadors from members to share marine careers advice at local secondary schools
- Providing careers advice to more than 36,000 Young people aged 14-16 years
- Created meaningful Vocational Work Experience placements with members for 3,750 Young People
- Competitively secured and invested £42 Million of project funds into Cornwall businesses
In addition, CMN’s engagement in a recent SME innovation support project has produced 20 ‘world firsts’ of new products that will directly or indirectly drive down carbon emissions along with partnering with the Maritime Skills Commission and DfT to provide a national pilot for the development of new maritime green skills.
CMN’s continued expansion has also seen the creation of subsidiary companies to provide sector ownership for engaging with schools to progress Young People into jobs and Apprenticeships, a value for money SME Apprenticeship recruitment company, and a supply chain group to showcase members to emerging sectors, including Floating Offshore Wind.
- You must login to post comments